Take Action To Prevent The Flu
Flu InformationGetting an annual flu vaccine is the first and best way to protect yourself and your family from the flu.
Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors’ visits, and missed work and school due to flu, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations.
2019-2020 Flu Facts
What flu vaccines is the OCHD offering this year? Options this season include:
- Standard dose flu shots. Intramuscular injection that includes 4 flu strains. Ages 6 months and up.
- High-dose shot. Intramuscular injection that includes 3 flu strains and contains more antigen for a stronger immune response. Ages 65 years and up.
- Intradermal flu shot. Intradermal injection that includes 4 flu strains. Ages 18 – 64 years.
Where can I get a flu vaccine?
- Flu vaccines are offered by many doctor’s offices, clinics, pharmacies and college health centers, as well as by many employers, and even by some schools.
- The Ocean County Health Department holds numerous clinics throughout the County for the convenience of our residents. Click here to access our 2019-2010 Flu Brochure.
What viruses do 2019-2020 flu vaccines protect against?There are many flu viruses and they are constantly changing. The composition of U.S. flu vaccines is reviewed annually and updated to match circulating flu viruses. Flu vaccines protect against the three or four viruses that