COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER
· Community Medical Center does accept sharps from residents for disposal.
· Contact information – Environmental Services Department, 732-557-8000 x18005
· No fee
· Residents can use their own containers but they must be rigid containers only.
The hospital is able to provide a sharps container for residents free of charge. To get a sharps container, you must go to the Outpatient Laboratory. With additional questions contact Laura Jodice, Director of Environmental Services at Ljodice@barnabashealth.org
MONMOUTH MEDICAL CENTER SOUTHERN CAMPUS
· Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus does accept sharps from residents for disposal.
· Contact information – Nancy, Environmental Services at 732-363-1900 x24689
· There is a one-time $10.00 registration fee.
Residents cannot use their own containers. Upon registration, the hospital will issue a rigid sharps container. The hospital will swap out the container during each drop-off.
Please Note: Effective April 1st, 2023. This location will not be accepting needle disposals.
OCEAN MEDICAL CENTER
· Ocean Medical Center does accept sharps for disposal
· No fee
· Must use your own non-replaceable, secure, sturdy plastic container with a lid.
· Drop off is at
Ocean Medical Center Emergency Department, Patient Experience, M-F 9AM-4PM, 425 Jack Martin Blvd., Brick, NJ – 732-836-4297.
SOUTHERN OCEAN MEDICAL CENTER
· Southern Ocean Medical Center does accept sharps from residents for disposal.
· Contact information – 1140 Rte 72 W, Manahawkin, NJ 08050 – 609-597-6011.
The hospital will swap out the containers during each drop-off.
For additional information please visit https://safeneedledisposal.org/states/new-jersey/ .