Animal Shelters and Adoptions
ANIMAL FACILITIESThe Ocean County Health Department operates two animal facilities. The Ocean County Animal Facilities provide temporary housing for dogs and cats, and maintains a 24-hour receiving service for stray animals that are brought in by Municipal Animal Control Officers. Features of the shelters include indoor/outdoor dog runs, cat rooms, isolation areas, and surgical facilities.
PETS FOR ADOPTION
Both facilities offer cats and dogs for adoption.
Dogs & Puppies: $60
Cats & Kittens: $55Every pet we adopt out is spayed/neutered, microchipped, up to date on age-appropriate vaccinations, and have received a general health exam by our facility veterinarian, all included with your adoption fee.
- Everyone in the house-hold (for dog adoptions this includes any dogs that live in the home) need to meet the pet prior to adoption
- Proof of Residence - Homeowner: mortgage statement or tax bill. Rental: lease with pet policy stating any specifications of breeds and number of animals allowed
- Driver's License or valid proof of identification
- Fill out an Adoption Questionnaire and get it approved by Facility Management
- Exact Cash or a check with an address matching that on the Driver's License (Dogs are $60; Cats are $55)