Animal Shelters and Adoptions
COVID-19 Social Distancing Standards
Rabies vaccinations are by appointment only and members of the public are encouraged to register for the Northern Ocean County Facility clinic on the first and third Wednesday of each month at 732-657-8086. The Southern Ocean County Animal Facility clinics will take place on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month and the public should call 609-978-0127. Staff will meet the arriving resident car side for completion of initial paperwork and the pet owner is encouraged to allow their pet to be taken into the building to receive the rabies vaccine while the owner remains in their vehicle after which the pet will be returned to the vehicle following vaccination. In the event the pet requires owner assistance, only one member of the public and his or her pet shall be permitted to enter the building with a staff member for the vaccination. At all times, a facemask or covering should be worn and all persons should attempt to remain a minimum of 6 feet apart.
NORTHERN OCEAN COUNTY ANIMAL FACILITY
615 FREEMONT AVE
JACKSON, NJ 08527
SOUTHERN OCEAN COUNTY ANIMAL FACILITY
360 HAYWOOD ROAD
MANAHAWKIN, NJ 08050
Both our facilities are open to the public seven days a week
(closed on holidays)
BRIAN LIPPAI: CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES, ANIMAL FACILITIES, EXT. 7735
MARY ALANO: MANAGER, ANIMAL CONTROL FACILITY, 732-657-8086
PATRICIA MCCALLUM: MANAGER, ANIMAL CONTROL FACILITY, 609-978-0127
JACLYN STRAWDER: ASSISTANT MANAGER, ANIMAL CONTROL FACILITY, 732-657-8086
The Ocean County Health Department operates two animal facilities. The Ocean County Animal Facilities provide temporary housing for dogs and cats, and maintains a 24-hour receiving service for stray animals that are brought in by Municipal Animal Control Officers. Features of the shelters include indoor/outdoor dog runs, cat rooms, isolation areas, and surgical facilities.
- Northern Ocean County Animal Facility (N.O.C.A.F.) 615 Freemont Avenue Jackson, NJ 08527 (See Directions and Map)
- Southern Ocean County Animal Facility (S.O.C.A.F) 360 Haywood Road Manahawkin 08050 (See Directions and Map)
PETS FOR ADOPTION
Both facilities offer cats and dogs for adoption.
Dogs & Puppies: $60
Cats & Kittens: $55Every pet we adopt out is spayed/neutered, microchipped, up to date on age-appropriate vaccinations, and have received a general health exam by our facility veterinarian, all included with your adoption fee.
- Everyone in the house-hold (for dog adoptions this includes any dogs that live in the home) need to meet the pet prior to adoption
- Proof of Residence:
- Homeowner: mortgage statement or tax bill
- Rental: lease with pet policy stating any specifications of breeds and number of animals allowed
- Driver's License or valid proof of identification
- Fill out an Adoption Questionnaire and get it approved by Facility Management
- Exact Cash or a check with an address matching that on the Driver's License (Dogs are $60; Cats are $55)
SEARCH ALL PETS
OUR SPOTLIGHT PETS
- Scrappy, Wirehaired Terrier, Tan, Male neutered, 12 years old Sophie, Chihuahua mix, Brown, Female spayed, 9 years old Scrappy and Sophie are a sweet and calm […]