CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN BY DRESSING UP YOUR PET FOR THE 15TH ANNUAL FURFEST & COSTUME PARADEOctober 17, 2023
OCEAN COUNTY SALUTES VETERANS WITH HEALTH & RESOURCE FAIR ON NOVEMBER 16, 2023 FROM 4-7PMOctober 20, 2023
On October 12, 2023, the Ocean County Health Department sponsored the 5th Annual Latino Health Fair at the Toms River main office.
The OCHD puts this event together to encourage our Latino neighbors – along with all county residents – to come out and benefit from this “one-stop shop” health and wellness opportunity.
Dozens of Ocean County families and individuals were on hand for the assortment of free screenings, testing, vaccines, education and assistive programs.
The following free services were offered;
• Chronic disease screenings: Blood pressure, Cholesterol and Glucose.
• Vaccinations: TDAP, COVID, Pneumonia, Flu.
• HIV testing, Hepatitis C testing, and STI testing.
• Cancer early detection screenings: Breast and cervical
• Eye screenings:
• Food nutrition demonstrations.
• WIC certifications.
• Substance Abuse and Diabetes education.
• Various public health vendors providing education and resources.
“This is what public health is all about – offering crucial health services and making them accessible for everyone in the county,” explained Daniel Regenye, OCHD Public Health Coordinator. “The Latino Health Fair is just one of many full-service health fairs and events we host or co-sponsor at locations all around Ocean County throughout the year.”
The Community Ambassadors Club will once again partner with the OCHD and have students on hand assisting guests with translation and providing arts and crafts for children.